22 Jun 2019

Ben and Tornfalk

Back in March, I visited Christine for a few days. We ended up painting quite a lot of models, and somehow acquiring even more over the course of the week! Among the ponies painted were two HOTY bodies that she very generously let me steal :D Both have been resculpted with closed mouths, and the cob has had feathers added. I can't really remember who did the resculpting - Laura Bond maybe?


This is Ben, a Shire youngster. I painted him first and am really pleased with his colour!




He ended up with a really sweet face :D I did try my best to make it look Julippy, I find they look odd with very realistic paint jobs as it doesn't really fit their more stylised body shape. Christine was kind enough to hair them for me as I haven't gotten round to acquiring any mohair, and knowing me, they would hang around bald for ages....


This is Tornfalk, a North Swedish Horse. His name means Kestrel in Swedish. He is really very pretty, it's amazing how good the HOTYs can look with just a new coat of paint! I'll have to acquire some more at some point...


He has a wired dock so I can easily move his tail around which is a pretty cool feature. I tried to give him the very dark dappled bay colour typical of NSDs, not sure I succeeded but I am pleased enough with him. Of course my dapples won't ever be as good as Laura's, but I'm not super displeased about how they came out.



I can't wait to take them to Oxford Live in a few months - I really need to start making some more new tack and riders though!! Our rider Sam has taken him out for a spin by the pond and he thinks Tornfalk will make an amazing trail horse. :D




No comments:

Post a Comment