20 Oct 2017

Some late introductions

I got a few more models while in the UK, but didn't get around to taking their pictures until now. And yes - I did bring all these Breyer horses back in my suitcase! It was a miracle none of them got broken, though I packed them very carefully between my clothes.

I'd wanted Banjo for a while - after I got my first Breyer in Christmas 2008, I circled his picture in my catalogue, only to discover that he'd been retired the year after. I don't know why I fell in love with this model - compared to other Breyers, he's very ordinary, not showing any flashy paces nor painted on a shiny new mold. Maybe that is exactly why - he's got a very calm, kind look about him.

I found him for sale on Ebay, and quickly bid on him - and was very happy to win the auction! He's obviously second-hand, and has a few rubs, but I might repair him someday. They don't bother me too much, though.




Valentine & Heartbreaker - because Eberl models are beautiful, and apparently I have a thing for bays. Valentine has the sweetest, tiniest snip, and Heartbreaker is so delicate and has such a pretty face 😍







I got Frankel because he was cheap - for some reason they're really cheap in the UK, and you can get one for less than  £15. But he's a really pretty model, too, with lots of movement and a really nice, deep colour.




Close to Easter, Copperfox Model Horses put up a contest of sorts on their Facebook - all you had to do was comment on the post, and you could win a Marble model, in the Connemara pony mold. Well, imagine my surprise when my name was drawn as the winner!! :D

This is a lovely model, with beautiful shading and a lot of detail. Their masking could use a bit of improvement - there are places where the markings fade, where the paint was too thick and bubbled, or where the markings end abruptly and unnaturally. But it doesn't detract from his overall beauty, and for such a young company, CF are creating really good pieces.



The eyes are particularly detailed.
  

The documents in his box (COA, catalogue, and a photo of the model) came wrapped with a green ribbon, and a suggestion to make it into a headcollar, which I did. This sort of olive green really suits him.




These four, I got from Maja-Maus on STS, along with the guinea pig. :) I still love the old Schleich horses, and these were missing from my collection. I'm still not sure whether I will paint them or not, even though they have some scuffs - I will think about it when my painting muse comes back, heh.



And, not exactly a model, but I got this little ceramic guinea pig at the Royal Highland Show in Edinburgh, here shown next to the Schleich GP. It was so cute that I couldn't resist, and my friends weren't exactly helpful, telling me to buy it! 😂



No comments:

Post a Comment